Monday, August 12, 2013

Letter #45 - August 12, 2013

Well, this was a pretty good week for the most part. I've had a few interesting events occur. Well really only one.

I baptized a man in Lake Michigan. It was fulfillment of prophecy by day one of the mission Elder Chlarson staring at the lake as I flew to Detroit. Alas, Bill came up to me and said he wanted to be baptized. The stars had to align to make this happen. I had to A) be transferred to Lake Michigan's coastline, B) have somebody who wanted to be baptized, and C) have him want me to do it in the Lake. Things were not looking promising for a while, but things worked out.

Lake Michigan's cold water reminded me of many days out in Billy Clapp Lake. Many memories of the homeboys came to mind. I'll be there shortly.

Damon

No comments:

Post a Comment