Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter #44 - July 29, 2013

I'm going to update a little on the last couple weeks. Things have been relatively calm and quiet. This update may get a little graphic. 

I have a couple catch phrases I say quite often when things go wrong. The first is, "Something happened..." and then "I knew it was a bad idea, but I did it anyway." Well, I had a couple of those experiences.

Last Friday, the 19th I believe, I was sitting at my desk and cutting up this marker cap. I was just bored and cutting stuff for fun, regular people stuff. Well, my hande slipped and got the top of my finger, right above the top knuckle before the nail. I cut it pretty deep to. "Oh no..." It was pretty cool to look at. We pulled the skin flap back and it looked like a mouth throwing up blood. Now, that was a little crude, and I apologize, but you have to get the idea.

Well, we went out and it was about seven hours later and it bled through about four band aids. So, we went to the hospital. Since I waited so long they could stitch, so they super glued it. Well, that didn't work so I've still got a pretty gnarly cut on my finger that's waiting to heal. It was pretty fun though. 

Yesterday during church we had a member of the seventy there and there was a mix-up on who was supposed to speak so as I was passing the sacrament, I was motioned out into the hallway. I was asked to speak by the missionary who was supposed to speak. So, we finished the sacrament and about thirty seconds later I was up at the pulpit to speak. 

I spoke on the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost's converting effect, Joseph Smith's mission in revealing Christ, additional scripture, and our premortal life's effect on our probationary estate. Now, given the circumstances, I think things went pretty well. Then the seventy got up and told stories about the Twelve. I can't compete with that! 

I have four weeks left and I'm nervous and excited. I have a lot of reasons to be excited but there's a lot of uncertainty. I've almost forgotten what home is like. I've heard stories but I guess I will have to experience it for myself. I will definitely miss Michigan, but I will settle back into my element and strive to be contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment