Monday, July 15, 2013

Letter #43 - July 15, 2013

Well, it's been about a month or so. A lot has and hasn't happen. You never really know how fast time goes until it goes, then it goes and you wonder where it went. Then you wonder where you've been while it went where it went. Then you realize time is an illusion and it hasn't gone anywhere, nor has it been anywhere, not has it the potential of going anywhere. DOES ANYBODY WANT TO CONTINUE READING?!

This is week one of my last transfer cycle (a six week period for those of you unfamiliar with this subculture of boys dividing their time in transfers and driving around in vans and walking around in white shirts). I'm staying in Ludington. Pretty excited. There are some of my favorite people here. I can't believe. Once I thought to myself, "I'll be in my last transfer someday." But, I never really thought it would happen.

Anyway, I have had a lot of interesting ideas/thoughts/things on my mind the last few days. Here are a few of them.

1. Progress is more easily lost than it is gained. So quickly we can slip back if we don't watch ourselves. I realized that while reading over journal entries.
2. Needing biblical evidence of all things regarding the Restored Gospel is no different than seeking a sign. After finding evidence, it's easy to chalk it up to a misinterpretation or looking beyond the mark. 
3. Do not over-complicate life. It's really fairly simple. 
4. I love the Killers. We were walking by a store and I heard like 5 seconds of them and knew it was "Read My Mind" and I about cried. Music awaits me. 
5. It's much easier to be negative than positive. Negativity is like peeing in a pool. Sure, you can get along with it, but you definitely don't want to be in it too long. Nobody likes pee in a pool. (I just wanted to use a peeing in the pool analogy)

A man I've worked with for about three months came up to me after church yesterday and said he wanted to be baptized before I go home. Now, I have a mission to accomplish before I head home. Things happen for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment